[Activity] Week 3
ramana.radhakrishnan at linaro.org
Mon Jan 23 08:37:55 UTC 2012
Mostly bug hunting week with some time on Partial partial PRE.
* Fixed PR50313 - backport submitted to Linaro 4.6 branch for testing
- Testing on FSF GCC 4.6 branch as well currently.
* Followed up on PR48308 fix . No reply yet.
* Triaged some of the test failures that we are currently seeing on
FSF trunk. Reported a few bugs upstream which I think are now fixed.
There are still too many vect failures for my liking ( nearly 30 odd
unique) . Some of them are testisms and some of them probably need a
bit of knowledge in the vectoriser. So could do with a hand here in
case someone has some free time and needs things to look at .
* Read up on Partial-partial PRE . Slow progress but getting a handle
on the theory now.
* Handed over the vld1 / vldm work to Uli - found another case where
the compiler could do better while fixing up PR51819. Essentially in
loop end code where we have cleanup code involving single elements
from the vector, the backend prefers to move this to an integer
register and store the value to memory which is just silly - See
* Fixed PR51819. Backported fix to Linaro 4.6 branch - The FSF 4.6
branch *doesn't* show this particular problem.
=== Plans ===
* Continue with partial-partial PRE .
* Finish submitting PGO patch and ABI tests patch
* Finish backporting PR50313 fix to the correct repositories.
* Follow up on PR48308 and investigate this a bit further.
* Start preparing for Connect 2012.q1
* Feb 6-10 : Linaro Connect Q1.12.
* Feb 13- 18 : Holiday.
More information about the linaro-toolchain