Plan for changing the binary toolchain to 4.7 and hardfloat

Konstantinos Margaritis konstantinos.margaritis at linaro.org
Mon Mar 19 08:48:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:27:17 +0000
Mans Rullgard <mans.rullgard at linaro.org> wrote:
> FWIW, Gentoo has been using arm-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi for hardfloat
> configurations ever since gcc started supporting it.  That's of course
> not a triplet, strictly speaking.

Also fwiw, I have been assured from Gentoo developers that they will change their triplet to arm-linux-gnueabihf as soon as upstream adopts it.

I find the situation sad as well, since Linaro has been pushing for this triplet (at least the OCTO team and me personally for more than a year), and not having full support from within Linaro with regards to this matter is quite depressing. And I have to say, especially one of the arguments (Windows storage issue) should be irrelevant for a Linux problem.

Regards

Konstantinos