[Linaro-validation] health job notifications

Paul Larson paul.larson at linaro.org
Tue Apr 3 18:31:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Fathi Boudra <fathi.boudra at linaro.org>wrote:

> On 3 April 2012 07:41, Michael Hudson-Doyle <michael.hudson at linaro.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > One of the remaining pieces of the job health story is the
> > notification side: we should get an email whenever a health job fails.
> >
> > The reason that I've been procrastinating about this for so long is
> > that it feels cheap to simply do "if job_failed and is_health_job:
> > send_email".  It would be better to implement some more general
> > notification scheme and leverage that.
>
> +1
>
> > One existing blueprint in the area is this:
> >

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lava-dashboard/+spec/linaro-platforms-o-notify-on-failure

That was written quite a while back.  My current opinion is that we should
probably have a notify list in the json, of email addresses we wish to
notify when the job is complete.  This could be modified slightly to have a
separate list of email address that only want to be notified in the event
of a failure.  For health check jobs, we set the email address in the
notify_on_fail list to lava-notifications mailing list.  For jobs that I
submit, I would probably want all notifications of job completion to go to
my email address so I know when the job has finished running, or has been
canceled.  Bonus points for including a summary of the results in the
email. :)

-Paul Larson