[Linaro-validation] lava-deployment-tool

Andy Doan andy.doan at canonical.com
Wed Feb 15 17:52:05 UTC 2012

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about adding some documentation for LAVA roughly based on
the presentation I did last week. Paul mentioned during the presentation
that my suggestions of using virtualenv and pip commands were no longer
needed and that you could use lava-deployment-tool.

I just started to play with lava-deployment-tool on my dev box, but
stopped. After patching it to support Ubuntu Precise, the tool wanted to
start installing lots of things(like apache) and make changes to my
system (like upstart jobs).

It seems to me lava-deployment-tool is really cool, but is more for
production and not for a more simple scenario where you just want to
prototype some changes.

Is my conclusion wrong, or do you guys think its still worth documenting
my scenario, where you use virtualenv and a few pip commands? I think
documentation like this would end with a "next steps: lava-deployment-tool".

-andy