I did another test run today:

I got hacking sessions on both machines, but the vland assignment did not seem to work. Any ideas?

On 31 May 2016 at 18:40, Neil Williams <neil.williams@linaro.org> wrote:
On 31 May 2016 at 16:45, Neil Williams <neil.williams@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 31 May 2016 at 16:04, Christian Ziethén <christian.ziethen@linaro.org> wrote:
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> From: Steve McIntyre <steve.mcintyre@linaro.org>
>> Date: 31 May 2016 at 16:46
>> Subject: Re: pipeline vland help
>> To: Christian Ziethén <christian.ziethen@linaro.org>
>> Cc: neil.williams@linaro.org
>> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 03:29:45PM +0200, Christian Ziethén wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>> You'd be much better asking on the lava-users mailing list rather than
>> just directly to me, I'll be honest.
>>>Been struggling with setting up a vland between two arndale targets. I have
>>>managed to create a multinode job that uses the pipeline model:
>>>Have also managed to create valid yaml that seems to conform to the code in
>>>This one does however not do anything after being submitted, I tried
>>> putting
>>>100M in the tags for the vland, I also tried requiring that the arndale
>>> targets
>>>in the multinode protocol had the 100M tag, but that didn't work. According
>>> to
>>>the device dictionary for lng-arndale-01, it should have a 100M tag on
>>> iface1.
>> Hmmm, OK. I can see that it's sat waiting for devices to be
>> assigned. Looking at the definition, you've got one group (role)
>> defined with 2 entries. I believe that for VLANd jobs you need to have
>> individual roles for each machine. Neil can confirm.
> The job is fine - it has a count of 1 for each role, so it does have
> individual roles.

I've found the scheduler bug - I've had to cancel the job. There's a
bug in the tags handling. For now (until I fix this bug), you'll need
to specify all - and exactly all - of the interface tags in your job


Currently, that then fails to start, so I'll need to work on this support.

>>>Also have this job (v1):
>>>Which runs my test using iface1 (I think) but it doesn't use vland.
>> Right, v1 doesn't do vland.
>>>I am unsure how to debug this.
> It's a scheduling bug, specific to VLANd support (and therefore V2).
> I'm looking into it using the beaglebone-black test job - a standard
> multinode bbb job runs, adding the vland requirements and it fails to
> schedule.
> There's nothing that can be done at your end until I've worked out
> where it is getting blocked.
> The 2016.6 release is due shortly, so I'll get a fix for this into
> that release. Sorry for the delay.
> --
> Neil Williams
> =============
> neil.williams@linaro.org
> http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/


Neil Williams