---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve McIntyre <steve.mcintyre@linaro.org>
Date: 31 May 2016 at 16:46
Subject: Re: pipeline vland help
To: Christian Ziethén <christian.ziethen@linaro.org>
Cc: neil.williams@linaro.org

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 03:29:45PM +0200, Christian Ziethén wrote:

Hi Christian,

You'd be much better asking on the lava-users mailing list rather than
just directly to me, I'll be honest.

>Been struggling with setting up a vland between two arndale targets. I have
>managed to create a multinode job that uses the pipeline model:
>Have also managed to create valid yaml that seems to conform to the code in
>This one does however not do anything after being submitted, I tried putting
>100M in the tags for the vland, I also tried requiring that the arndale targets
>in the multinode protocol had the 100M tag, but that didn't work. According to
>the device dictionary for lng-arndale-01, it should have a 100M tag on iface1.

Hmmm, OK. I can see that it's sat waiting for devices to be
assigned. Looking at the definition, you've got one group (role)
defined with 2 entries. I believe that for VLANd jobs you need to have
individual roles for each machine. Neil can confirm.

>Also have this job (v1):
>Which runs my test using iface1 (I think) but it doesn't use vland.

Right, v1 doesn't do vland.

>I am unsure how to debug this.
>It was my assumption that I could create a vlan with the vland protocol and
>then query which interface is on that vlan in my test-definition. That would be
>my end goal for this exercise.

Sure, that's what we expect to have working for you.

Steve McIntyre                                steve.mcintyre@linaro.org
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs