first of all, this isn't meant to be a distro trolling discussion, there are better places for that ;-)
several days ago google HO started to fail after updating my debian/sid setup. as discussed on G+  and on googlegroups , that seemed to be impacting anyone on debian/sid. when i realized that it was working on debian/testing (Jessie) i decided just use 'testing'... however since last evening update on 'testing', it started to fail too.. leaving me without any working HO at all, which is quite inconvenient at Linaro..
after bisecting my system using snapshot.debian.org
, i figured out which package was the culprit:
Simply downgrading libcairo2  'fixes' the problem. I know it's not 'fixing' it really, but i hope that this will be enough information so that the real fix is uploaded.
In the mean time, if any of use use Debian , you can use that as a workaround..