Subject: [PATCH 24/48] ip_tunnel: better validate user provided tunnel names

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 06:39:27 -0700

[ Upstream commit 9cb726a212a82c88c98aa9f0037fd04777cd8fe5 ]

Use dev_valid_name() to make sure user does not provide illegal
device name.

syzbot caught the following bug :

BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in strlcpy include/linux/string.h:300 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in __ip_tunnel_create+0xca/0x6b0 net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c:257
Write of size 20 at addr ffff8801ac79f810 by task syzkaller268107/4482

CPU: 0 PID: 4482 Comm: syzkaller268107 Not tainted 4.16.0+ #1
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x1b9/0x29f lib/dump_stack.c:53
 print_address_description+0x6c/0x20b mm/kasan/report.c:256
 kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:354 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold.7+0xac/0x2f5 mm/kasan/report.c:412
 check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/kasan.c:260 [inline]
 check_memory_region+0x13e/0x1b0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:267
 memcpy+0x37/0x50 mm/kasan/kasan.c:303
 strlcpy include/linux/string.h:300 [inline]
 __ip_tunnel_create+0xca/0x6b0 net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c:257
 ip_tunnel_create net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c:352 [inline]
 ip_tunnel_ioctl+0x818/0xd40 net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c:861
 ipip_tunnel_ioctl+0x1c5/0x420 net/ipv4/ipip.c:350
 dev_ifsioc+0x43e/0xb90 net/core/dev_ioctl.c:334
 dev_ioctl+0x69a/0xcc0 net/core/dev_ioctl.c:525
 sock_ioctl+0x47e/0x680 net/socket.c:1015
 vfs_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:46 [inline]
 file_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:500 [inline]
 do_vfs_ioctl+0x1cf/0x1650 fs/ioctl.c:684
 ksys_ioctl+0xa9/0xd0 fs/ioctl.c:701
 SYSC_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:708 [inline]
 SyS_ioctl+0x24/0x30 fs/ioctl.c:706
 do_syscall_64+0x29e/0x9d0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x42/0xb7

Fixes: c54419321455 ("GRE: Refactor GRE tunneling code.")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Reported-by: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c | 11 ++++++-----
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c b/net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c
index 6d21068f9b55..a70a1d6db157 100644
--- a/net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c
+++ b/net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c
@@ -253,13 +253,14 @@ static struct net_device *__ip_tunnel_create(struct net *net,
 	struct net_device *dev;
 	char name[IFNAMSIZ];
 
-	if (parms->name[0])
+	err = -E2BIG;
+	if (parms->name[0]) {
+		if (!dev_valid_name(parms->name))
+			goto failed;
 		strlcpy(name, parms->name, IFNAMSIZ);
-	else {
-		if (strlen(ops->kind) > (IFNAMSIZ - 3)) {
-			err = -E2BIG;
+	} else {
+		if (strlen(ops->kind) > (IFNAMSIZ - 3))
 			goto failed;
-		}
 		strlcpy(name, ops->kind, IFNAMSIZ);
 		strncat(name, "%d", 2);
 	}
-- 
2.14.3