Subject: [PATCH 6/9] net/mlx5e: Fix repeated XSK usage on one channel

From: Maxim Mikityanskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 16:03:44 +0300

[ Upstream commit 36d45fb9d2fdf348d778bfe73f0427db1c6f9bc7 ]

After an XSK is closed, the relevant structures in the channel are not
zeroed. If an XSK is opened the second time on the same channel without
recreating channels, the stray values in the structures will lead to
incorrect operation of queues, which causes CQE errors, and the new
socket doesn't work at all.

This patch fixes the issue by explicitly zeroing XSK-related structs in
the channel on XSK close. Note that those structs are zeroed on channel
creation, and usually a configuration change (XDP program is set)
happens on XSK open, which leads to recreating channels, so typical XSK
usecases don't suffer from this issue. However, if XSKs are opened and
closed on the same channel without removing the XDP program, this bug
reproduces.

Fixes: db05815b36cb ("net/mlx5e: Add XSK zero-copy support")
Signed-off-by: Maxim Mikityanskiy <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xsk/setup.c | 4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xsk/setup.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xsk/setup.c
index c28cbae42331..2c80205dc939 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xsk/setup.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xsk/setup.c
@@ -152,6 +152,10 @@ void mlx5e_close_xsk(struct mlx5e_channel *c)
 	mlx5e_close_cq(&c->xskicosq.cq);
 	mlx5e_close_xdpsq(&c->xsksq);
 	mlx5e_close_cq(&c->xsksq.cq);
+
+	memset(&c->xskrq, 0, sizeof(c->xskrq));
+	memset(&c->xsksq, 0, sizeof(c->xsksq));
+	memset(&c->xskicosq, 0, sizeof(c->xskicosq));
 }
 
 void mlx5e_activate_xsk(struct mlx5e_channel *c)
-- 
2.26.2