Subject: [PATCH 11/13] net: initialize fastreuse on inet_inherit_port

From: Tim Froidcoeur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:33:24 +0200

[ Upstream commit d76f3351cea2d927fdf70dd7c06898235035e84e ]

In the case of TPROXY, bind_conflict optimizations for SO_REUSEADDR or
SO_REUSEPORT are broken, possibly resulting in O(n) instead of O(1) bind
behaviour or in the incorrect reuse of a bind.

the kernel keeps track for each bind_bucket if all sockets in the
bind_bucket support SO_REUSEADDR or SO_REUSEPORT in two fastreuse flags.
These flags allow skipping the costly bind_conflict check when possible
(meaning when all sockets have the proper SO_REUSE option).

For every socket added to a bind_bucket, these flags need to be updated.
As soon as a socket that does not support reuse is added, the flag is
set to false and will never go back to true, unless the bind_bucket is
deleted.

Note that there is no mechanism to re-evaluate these flags when a socket
is removed (this might make sense when removing a socket that would not
allow reuse; this leaves room for a future patch).

For this optimization to work, it is mandatory that these flags are
properly initialized and updated.

When a child socket is created from a listen socket in
__inet_inherit_port, the TPROXY case could create a new bind bucket
without properly initializing these flags, thus preventing the
optimization to work. Alternatively, a socket not allowing reuse could
be added to an existing bind bucket without updating the flags, causing
bind_conflict to never be called as it should.

Call inet_csk_update_fastreuse when __inet_inherit_port decides to create
a new bind_bucket or use a different bind_bucket than the one of the
listen socket.

Fixes: 093d282321da ("tproxy: fix hash locking issue when using port redirection in __inet_inherit_port()")
Acked-by: Matthieu Baerts <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Tim Froidcoeur <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/ipv4/inet_hashtables.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/net/ipv4/inet_hashtables.c b/net/ipv4/inet_hashtables.c
index 2bbaaf0c7176..006a34b18537 100644
--- a/net/ipv4/inet_hashtables.c
+++ b/net/ipv4/inet_hashtables.c
@@ -163,6 +163,7 @@ int __inet_inherit_port(const struct sock *sk, struct sock *child)
 				return -ENOMEM;
 			}
 		}
+		inet_csk_update_fastreuse(tb, child);
 	}
 	inet_bind_hash(child, tb, port);
 	spin_unlock(&head->lock);
-- 
2.26.2