Subject: [PATCH 44/52] net: validate attribute sizes in neigh_dump_table()

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:46:00 -0700

[ Upstream commit 7dd07c143a4b54d050e748bee4b4b9e94a7b1744 ]

Since neigh_dump_table() calls nlmsg_parse() without giving policy
constraints, attributes can have arbirary size that we must validate

Reported by syzbot/KMSAN :

BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in neigh_master_filtered net/core/neighbour.c:2292 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in neigh_dump_table net/core/neighbour.c:2348 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in neigh_dump_info+0x1af0/0x2250 net/core/neighbour.c:2438
CPU: 1 PID: 3575 Comm: syzkaller268891 Not tainted 4.16.0+ #83
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x185/0x1d0 lib/dump_stack.c:53
 kmsan_report+0x142/0x240 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:1067
 __msan_warning_32+0x6c/0xb0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:676
 neigh_master_filtered net/core/neighbour.c:2292 [inline]
 neigh_dump_table net/core/neighbour.c:2348 [inline]
 neigh_dump_info+0x1af0/0x2250 net/core/neighbour.c:2438
 netlink_dump+0x9ad/0x1540 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2225
 __netlink_dump_start+0x1167/0x12a0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2322
 netlink_dump_start include/linux/netlink.h:214 [inline]
 rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x1435/0x1560 net/core/rtnetlink.c:4598
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x355/0x5f0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2447
 rtnetlink_rcv+0x50/0x60 net/core/rtnetlink.c:4653
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1311 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x1672/0x1750 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1337
 netlink_sendmsg+0x1048/0x1310 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1900
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:630 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:640 [inline]
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xec0/0x1310 net/socket.c:2046
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2080 [inline]
 SYSC_sendmsg+0x2a3/0x3d0 net/socket.c:2091
 SyS_sendmsg+0x54/0x80 net/socket.c:2087
 do_syscall_64+0x309/0x430 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x3d/0xa2
RIP: 0033:0x43fed9
RSP: 002b:00007ffddbee2798 EFLAGS: 00000213 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004002c8 RCX: 000000000043fed9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020005000 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000006ca018 R08: 00000000004002c8 R09: 00000000004002c8
R10: 00000000004002c8 R11: 0000000000000213 R12: 0000000000401800
R13: 0000000000401890 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000

Uninit was created at:
 kmsan_save_stack_with_flags mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:278 [inline]
 kmsan_internal_poison_shadow+0xb8/0x1b0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:188
 kmsan_kmalloc+0x94/0x100 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:314
 kmsan_slab_alloc+0x11/0x20 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:321
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:445 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2737 [inline]
 __kmalloc_node_track_caller+0xaed/0x11c0 mm/slub.c:4369
 __kmalloc_reserve net/core/skbuff.c:138 [inline]
 __alloc_skb+0x2cf/0x9f0 net/core/skbuff.c:206
 alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:984 [inline]
 netlink_alloc_large_skb net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1183 [inline]
 netlink_sendmsg+0x9a6/0x1310 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1875
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:630 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:640 [inline]
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xec0/0x1310 net/socket.c:2046
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2080 [inline]
 SYSC_sendmsg+0x2a3/0x3d0 net/socket.c:2091
 SyS_sendmsg+0x54/0x80 net/socket.c:2087
 do_syscall_64+0x309/0x430 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x3d/0xa2

Fixes: 21fdd092acc7 ("net: Add support for filtering neigh dump by master device")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Cc: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Reported-by: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/core/neighbour.c | 12 ++++++++----
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/core/neighbour.c b/net/core/neighbour.c
index e22d2aefbd78..ce519861be59 100644
--- a/net/core/neighbour.c
+++ b/net/core/neighbour.c
@@ -2331,12 +2331,16 @@ static int neigh_dump_table(struct neigh_table *tbl, struct sk_buff *skb,
 
 	err = nlmsg_parse(nlh, sizeof(struct ndmsg), tb, NDA_MAX, NULL, NULL);
 	if (!err) {
-		if (tb[NDA_IFINDEX])
+		if (tb[NDA_IFINDEX]) {
+			if (nla_len(tb[NDA_IFINDEX]) != sizeof(u32))
+				return -EINVAL;
 			filter_idx = nla_get_u32(tb[NDA_IFINDEX]);
-
-		if (tb[NDA_MASTER])
+		}
+		if (tb[NDA_MASTER]) {
+			if (nla_len(tb[NDA_MASTER]) != sizeof(u32))
+				return -EINVAL;
 			filter_master_idx = nla_get_u32(tb[NDA_MASTER]);
-
+		}
 		if (filter_idx || filter_master_idx)
 			flags |= NLM_F_DUMP_FILTERED;
 	}
-- 
2.14.3