Subject: [PATCH 15/22] tipc: call rcu_read_lock() in tipc_aead_encrypt_done()

From: Xin Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:34:47 +0800

[ Upstream commit f6db9096416209474090d64d8284e7c16c3d8873 ]

b->media->send_msg() requires rcu_read_lock(), as we can see
elsewhere in tipc,  tipc_bearer_xmit, tipc_bearer_xmit_skb
and tipc_bearer_bc_xmit().

Syzbot has reported this issue as:

  net/tipc/bearer.c:466 suspicious rcu_dereference_check() usage!
  Workqueue: cryptd cryptd_queue_worker
  Call Trace:
   tipc_l2_send_msg+0x354/0x420 net/tipc/bearer.c:466
   tipc_aead_encrypt_done+0x204/0x3a0 net/tipc/crypto.c:761
   cryptd_aead_crypt+0xe8/0x1d0 crypto/cryptd.c:739
   cryptd_queue_worker+0x118/0x1b0 crypto/cryptd.c:181
   process_one_work+0x94c/0x1670 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
   worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
   kthread+0x3b5/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:291
   ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:293

So fix it by calling rcu_read_lock() in tipc_aead_encrypt_done()
for b->media->send_msg().

Fixes: fc1b6d6de220 ("tipc: introduce TIPC encryption & authentication")
Reported-by: [email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Xin Long <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/tipc/crypto.c | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/net/tipc/crypto.c b/net/tipc/crypto.c
index 8c47ded2edb6..b214b898d11a 100644
--- a/net/tipc/crypto.c
+++ b/net/tipc/crypto.c
@@ -757,10 +757,12 @@ static void tipc_aead_encrypt_done(struct crypto_async_request *base, int err)
 	switch (err) {
 	case 0:
 		this_cpu_inc(tx->stats->stat[STAT_ASYNC_OK]);
+		rcu_read_lock();
 		if (likely(test_bit(0, &b->up)))
 			b->media->send_msg(net, skb, b, &tx_ctx->dst);
 		else
 			kfree_skb(skb);
+		rcu_read_unlock();
 		break;
 	case -EINPROGRESS:
 		return;
-- 
2.26.2