Subject: [PATCH 03/27] mod_devicetable: fix PHY module format

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 23:24:47 +0000

[ Upstream commit d2ed49cf6c13e379c5819aa5ac20e1f9674ebc89 ]

When a PHY is probed, if the top bit is set, we end up requesting a
module with the string "mdio:-10101110000000100101000101010001" -
the top bit is printed to a signed -1 value. This leads to the module
not being loaded.

Fix the module format string and the macro generating the values for
it to ensure that we only print unsigned types and the top bit is
always 0/1. We correctly end up with
"mdio:10101110000000100101000101010001".

Fixes: 8626d3b43280 ("phylib: Support phy module autoloading")
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 include/linux/mod_devicetable.h | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h b/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h
index 5714fd35a83c..e3596db077dc 100644
--- a/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h
+++ b/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h
@@ -587,9 +587,9 @@ struct platform_device_id {
 #define MDIO_NAME_SIZE		32
 #define MDIO_MODULE_PREFIX	"mdio:"
 
-#define MDIO_ID_FMT "%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d%d"
+#define MDIO_ID_FMT "%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u%u"
 #define MDIO_ID_ARGS(_id) \
-	(_id)>>31, ((_id)>>30) & 1, ((_id)>>29) & 1, ((_id)>>28) & 1,	\
+	((_id)>>31) & 1, ((_id)>>30) & 1, ((_id)>>29) & 1, ((_id)>>28) & 1, \
 	((_id)>>27) & 1, ((_id)>>26) & 1, ((_id)>>25) & 1, ((_id)>>24) & 1, \
 	((_id)>>23) & 1, ((_id)>>22) & 1, ((_id)>>21) & 1, ((_id)>>20) & 1, \
 	((_id)>>19) & 1, ((_id)>>18) & 1, ((_id)>>17) & 1, ((_id)>>16) & 1, \
-- 
2.20.1