error: Cannot fetch platform/external/replicaisland

Paul Sokolovsky paul.sokolovsky at
Wed Feb 15 15:15:45 UTC 2012

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:30:11 -0800
Alexander Sack <asac at> wrote:

> > I tried to git clone directly replicaisland :
> >
> > $ git clone
> > git://
> > Cloning into replicaisland... fatal: The remote end hung up
> > unexpectedly

Ah, I also forgot to elaborate why you got that error message. Now I
just saw other people being confused by the same, so I guess I should.
That's just git/git-daemon's unfriendly way to say "repository not
found". That's not fault at our servers, it's just how git, the most
popular version control system in the world, works, for example:

$ git clone git://
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/pfalcon/tmp/git-loves-to-confuse-people/.git/

Best Regards,
Paul | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro:!/linaroorg -