Merged ECM..

Jon Medhurst (Tixy) tixy at
Thu Jan 12 16:34:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 08:56 -0600, Zach Pfeffer wrote:
> K, thanks for checking. We can modify it to write that prop. Kejun,
> can you take a look? Tixy, would you mind filing a bug?

I created a bug:

I notice that configureInterface() triggers DHCP for
ETHERNET_CONN_MODE_DHCP else it sets static IP values which includes:

	SystemProperties.set("net.dns1", info.getDnsAddr())

At least in frameworks/base, the only other place which I can find which
might set DNS is updateDns() in
which gets called from handleConnectivityChange().

I have never looked at Android code or programmed in Java before, so
I'll stop looking there and get on with other things for the moment.