LAVA and Android Toolchain Benchmarks

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at linaro.org
Wed Jan 18 17:24:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Andy Doan <andy.doan at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 01/18/2012 10:21 AM, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
>> Again, could you share the code?
>
> Okay, here's a drop:
>
>  https://code.launchpad.net/~doanac/+junk/lava_android_benchmark_views
>
> The commit message details some of the problems the code currently has.

Looking at it now

Some quick comments:

1) We should strive to use the database to compute averages/stdev
2) We should materialize such changes over time to keep performance
sensible (scanning everything is going to be too slow)
3) Associating BenchmarkRun with Bundle is odd, why not with TestRun?
4) In benchmark_run.get_summary(jso) you iterate over deserialized
bundle. You may want to iterate over the database models instead,
computing sanitized_bundle() is pricy and it was just a hack for the
dashboard (I should have made it private)

I'm still unsure how the computation model work ATM, I'll post again.

Thanks
ZK