New build naming convention

Patrik Ryd patrik.ryd at
Tue Jan 31 13:44:56 UTC 2012

On 31 January 2012 12:02, Alexander Sack <asac at> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Tony Mansson <tony.mansson at>
> wrote:
> >
> > The full names are kind of cumbersome to use in everyday speech so I
> predict
> > nicknames :)
> Very good point. Do we want to set up nicknames proactively or just
> see what happens?

I suggest we call the snowball build Yeti since that was my suggestion for
the name of the board, but the jury selected snowball. :)

I think most of us will ignore ics, and gcc in the name and just call it
the upstream- or stable-snowball and so on.

And +1 on Jons comment about the order.

Do we really need all pf the builds? I think not only the names, but the
number of builds have caused some confusion. Didn't we have an idea that we
would try to reduce the number of manifests?