New build naming convention

Zach Pfeffer zach.pfeffer at linaro.org
Tue Jan 31 16:34:17 UTC 2012

On 31 January 2012 07:44, Patrik Ryd <patrik.ryd at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 31 January 2012 12:02, Alexander Sack <asac at linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Tony Mansson <tony.mansson at linaro.org>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > The full names are kind of cumbersome to use in everyday speech so I
>> > predict
>> > nicknames :)
>>
>> Very good point. Do we want to set up nicknames proactively or just
>> see what happens?
>

> I suggest we call the snowball build Yeti since that was my suggestion for
> the name of the board, but the jury selected snowball. :)
>
> I think most of us will ignore ics, and gcc in the name and just call it the
> upstream- or stable-snowball and so on.
>
> And +1 on Jons comment about the order.
>
> Do we really need all pf the builds? I think not only the names, but the
> number of builds have caused some confusion. Didn't we have an idea that we
> would try to reduce the number of manifests?

Actually, once LAVA starts testing build with
linaro-android-media-create and we get some better coverage there's a
few more builds we want to spin up.

But we should get back to 4 mainline builds again.

One big issue we need to address is that users of our builds don't
really want the 4.6 toolchain. They want AOSP for their board. So it
may be that we refigure stuff to have one 4.6 toolchain build and the
rest on 4.4 stock.