What our customers want from Android

Zach Pfeffer zach.pfeffer at linaro.org
Tue Jan 31 16:52:58 UTC 2012

So I've been talking to our customers (10 at last count) and they
really like what we're doing. There are three things that are getting
in their way:

frequent kernel upgrades

They love our builds, but they'd really like it if they could get
stock AOSP builds for their boards on stable kernels that they can
work with using fastboot that have been CI tested and QA'd.

I'm not advocating for the wholesale destruction of our current way of
life, tip kernels, tip toolchains, linaro-android-media-create, but I
would like to move in a direction that gives our users what they want.

Zach Pfeffer
Android Platform Team Lead, Linaro Platform Teams