Analysis of JB tests and comparison with ICS

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at linaro.org
Mon Jul 30 09:43:26 UTC 2012

Hey folks.

I've ran a few builds to compare the tests that are present in JB builds
as compared to its older ICS brother.

Here are the results (I use 'maguro' to mean the JB build for nexus below)

Tests present in both 'eng' and 'tests' variants of maguro:

https://github.com/zyga/android-test-tools/blob/master/common-test-execs-maguro.txt

Additional executables present in 'tests' variant of maguro:
https://github.com/zyga/android-test-tools/blob/master/extra-execs-maguro.txt

Additional APKs present in 'tests' variant of maguro:
https://github.com/zyga/android-test-tools/blob/master/extra-apks-maguro.txt

Now having that I compared maguro to ICS panda builds with a new script
i wrote (everything is in my git repo:
https://github.com/zyga/android-test-tools the script is called
compare-ics-and-jb.py)

Delta between additional apks added by the 'tests' variant of JB:

https://github.com/zyga/android-test-tools/blob/master/diff-ics-jb-apks.txt

Delta between additional executables added by the 'tests' variant of JB
(this delta is quite big):

https://github.com/zyga/android-test-tools/blob/master/diff-ics-jb-execs.txt

Delta between executables present in both 'eng' and 'tests' variant of JB:

https://github.com/zyga/android-test-tools/blob/master/diff-ics-jb-common-tests-execs.txt

So there you have it.

BIG REQUEST: I would appreciate if anyone with access to JB and nexus
could run the new test executables for me and send me the logs back. Thanks

--
Zygmunt Krynicki
Linaro Validation Team