new more official sounding linux and u-boot git trees and u-boot release plans

Nicolas Pitre nicolas.pitre at
Sat Aug 21 20:49:27 BST 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, John Rigby wrote:

> Ok, some questions for the meeting.  Actually, if we can answer these
> we may not need a meeting.

I agree.  We have too many meetings already. This stuff can surely be
dealt by email?

> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 19, 2010, John Rigby wrote:
> >> I have moved the linux-linaro, linux-meta-linaro and u-boot-linaro git
> >> trees on out from under my directory to their own
> >> directories to make it obvious that they are official trees and not my
> >> personal development trees.
> >
> >  This creates confusion because these are Ubuntu package trees, not the
> >  upstream git sources.
> >
> >  I have actually just asked Nicolas to split and rename arm_next.git:
> >  - master would be in linux-linaro-next.git
> What top level directory does this go in? Candidates seem to be:
> /
> /linux
> /linux-linaro
> /linaro

First, let's have a look at  I
think that "linaro" is getting a bit overused here.

Having a top level "linaro" directory is rather redundant IMHO.  After
all this is the Linaro Git server.

What I'd propose here is:

Remains to find a good name for John's kernel repositories.