Common data for uImage generation

Dave Martin dave.martin at
Wed Aug 25 09:55:02 BST 2010

> It would be great if we agreed that U-Boot should be able to cope with
> zImage directly.  Adding the necessary support to U-Boot is trivial.

I did come across a ramdom version of U-Boot which could load zImages,
but I don't have a pointer to that any more.

Also, does anyone know why U-Boot always prints "loading legacy image"
when loading images created with mkimage?  Kinda suggests the U-Boot
folks think this image format has been superseded by _something_ but I
never figured out why.