[Linaro-dev] Availability of hardware for Linaro development?

Mark Mitchell mark at codesourcery.com
Sat Jun 5 02:16:00 BST 2010

Matt Waddel wrote:

> It's nice to hear from you.

You as well!

> Let me know if you need more information.  (I see
> CodeSourcery copyright notices in a lot of qemu code
> so you all probably know a lot more about this stuff
> than I do, but I'm more than willing to help where I
> can.)

I have never worked on QEMU, so, from a technical perspective, I don't
know a lot.  But, as a company, we've done a lot -- for example, the
ARMv6 and ARMv7 support comes from CodeSourcery, and from Paul Brook in
particular.  I know that we did provide a version of QEMU that would
boot standard Linux kernel images from linux.on-arm.com, and that
building out more support for more virtual boards is definitely
something we're capable of doing.  As you suggest, we use QEMU
internally for testing, in addition to physical hardware.

I will forward your email to Andrew and Julian, who are our initial
Linaro people.  We are working now on defining a workplan for the rest
of the year, and I thinking putting some QEMU activity on that would
likely make a lot of sense.

Thanks!

--
Mark Mitchell