[Linaro-dev] Availability of hardware for Linaro development?

Loïc Minier loic.minier at linaro.org
Sun Jun 6 10:41:22 BST 2010

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010, Joel Crisp wrote:
> This is an interesting offer, but it seems to be to almost be the wrong way
> around. AMD, Canonical among others are sponsoring Linaro

 (AMD?)

>                                                            wouldn't it make
> more sense for them to throw a few thousand $ at a build farm somewhere and
> provide a work queue for that so that Linaro contributors could do farm
> based build and test?

 It's not good enough unfortunately; that's the way I thought we should
 approach the problem as well in the past, but it turns out that large
 companies don't like to rely on external resources/services.  They are
 big enough that they feel their process should be self-hosted.  I also
 thought they could build the same build farm as we would, but then you
 start meeting with the sensibilities/policitical issues around using
 hardware from a competitor to run your own build farm.

--
Loïc Minier