[Linaro-dev] linaro build system (was Re: Availability of hardware for Linaro development?)

Joel Crisp cydergoth at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 22:34:17 BST 2010

Hi Shaz

Yes, a farm remote to developers. I would envision something like:

* Network hub/router
* A Linux x86 host(s) with a number of JTAG and USB ports available (via
expansion boards if needed, but USB hubs and USB->JTAG adapters should be
possible)
* A number of ARM boards, with a variety of peripherals. Each ARM board
plugged into Ethernet/USB/JTAG as appropriate (or all 3).
* Software for a developer to schedule time on a board remotely via the
Linux host
* Possibly some mechanism to see the output from a LCD, either an adapter
board to the Linux host or a webcam pointed at the LCD or something. Other
peripherals could be monitored in a similar way. AFAIK ERSA (European Space
Agency) do something similar with emulated/real modules hooked together with
USB.

Then a developer could develop locally under an emulator, do coarse
debugging there, then when ready book time on a real board in the farm for
final testing.

I think this should be feasible?

Joel

--