[Linaro-dev] Maverick cross toolchain

Loïc Minier loic.minier at linaro.org
Wed Jun 16 09:17:38 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010, Shaz wrote:
> Which ARM sub-architectures are supported by the toolchains or are planned
> because as far as I can understand then Linaro has not decided how to
> support these different versions yet. Haven't tried this toolchain but
> expect it to be generic arm ...

 The toolchain which Marcin built was built from current Ubuntu maverick
 packages which target armv7a + vfpv3-d16 and default to Thumb(-2) mode.

 The resulting cross-toolchain can target any arch and fpu variants
 supported in GCC 4.4.4 for the 4.4 packages and 4.5.0 for the 4.5 ones.

 It should relatively doable to create your own toolchain with different
 defaults, or using a different GCC patchset, using the same approach.

 Linaro's toolchain is based on the FSF one; new developments will
 mostly be ARM related.  For now, Linaro pre-built packages will be
 as in the default toolchain config described above, but it's possible
 to rebuild them with any opt you like; Peter Pearse is notably leading
 an effort to do armv5+vfp and armv6+vfp cross-rebuilds of some
 packages.

--
Loïc Minier