[Linaro-dev] Contributing in development.

Loïc Minier loic.minier at linaro.org
Sun Jun 27 10:31:51 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010, pankaj chauhan wrote:
> I joined few days back with intention to contribute in development.
[...]
> Are we going to have some formal start of project emails on the list?
> how would i know which areas require contribution from volunteers?

 So it kind of depends what your areas of interest and expertise lie.
 Usually, people have an itch to scratch, or a particular problem to
 solve and they start discussing how they could address it.  For
 instance, some people would like to build images for a new board, or
 would like to build binaries for different optimizations, or an
 incompatible ABI, or would like to add a new feature to the toolchain
 etc.

 Perhaps you can check how we currently do things and see where it
 doesn't meet your expectations, then start attacking this problem?

 There are some ongoing projects for this cycle where additional hands
 could be useful, but these are not fully specified yet; e.g. we know
 some software fails to build with recent ARM toolchain configurations,
 or that some software doesn't cross-build, but it's not easy to point
 you at lists of such bugs right now.

   Hope this helps,
--
Loïc Minier