Rough notes from Kernel Consolidation meeting

Arnd Bergmann arnd at
Mon Sep 20 17:37:05 BST 2010

On Monday 20 September 2010, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> o       Kernel requirements
>         (

I still have two questions about stuff that came up here:

* SD/MMC performance: Is this about device access, file systems or both?
  I think the file system level stuff is actually the more important
  part but I fear that what was discussed is the other one.

* highmem: Not sure what this was about. I guess we don't really want
  to enable this by default, but some people will want it anyway.
  Is this about run-time patching the code out of the kernel?