Proposal: linaro-testdrive script...

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at
Thu Sep 30 15:23:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:42:27AM +0300, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> The problem, IMO, is that these are scattered all over the place and
> there are too many variations as we add new support. So the
> documentation will always be out of date.

Is it really that complicated? It sounds to me that one wikipage that
links to three directories solves this problem. A commandline tool is
cool, sure, but there are other much more pressing infrastructure issues
we are facing (patch review tool for kernel patches anyone?)

> I find out that provides dailies. But I want to
> test the official beta. Where are the milestone releases?
> Ok, lets go to, click on Developer, scroll down to the
> bottom, click on Beta milestone, find nothing there, come back, click
> on Releases/1011/Beta

I agree that the wiki doesn't help here.

It sounds like we should have a

page which clearly provides the three links:

    Daily builds

which explain images versus hardware packs and take you to the right
Christian Robottom Reis   | [+55] 16 9112 6430 |
Linaro Engineering VP     | [ +1] 612 216 4935 |