Marking a toolchain or build releasable - for saving.

Paul Sokolovsky paul.sokolovsky at
Fri Aug 12 15:08:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:05:29 +0300
Paul Sokolovsky <Paul.Sokolovsky at> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:01:14 -0500
> Zach Pfeffer <zach.pfeffer at> wrote:
> > Oh, the other thing is to generate the pinned-manifest.xml before
> > the build is made so that the build comes from the pinned-manifest.
> > This'll save us a step.
> One reliable way to do this is tagging, like I argued the other time.
> We start build with tagging all components with (special) tag for this
> builds number. Then checkout exactly that tag (that will be a bit more
> complicated than usual with repo and its manifests), then do build,
> then can reproduce it 100% without recoursing to raw SHA1 revids. If
> one specific build is useful, we can re-tag it "normal" tags.
> Otherwise, those special build tags will be expire after some time t
> avoid pile-up.

Oh well, but that's complicated by the fact that we have read-only
intermediate mirror for build ;-\ .

Best Regards,
Paul | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro:!/linaroorg -