[PATCH 0/5] consolidate sdhci pltfm & OF drivers and get them self registered
shawn.guo at linaro.org
Fri Mar 25 08:48:46 UTC 2011
Here are what the patch set does.
* Remove .probe and .remove hooks from sdhci-pltfm.c and make it be
a pure common helper function providers.
* Add .probe and .remove hooks for sdhci pltfm drivers sdhci-cns3xxx,
sdhci-dove, sdhci-tegra, and sdhci-esdhc-imx to make them self
registered with calling helper functions created above.
* Migrate the use of sdhci_of_host and sdhci_of_data to
sdhci_pltfm_host and sdhci_pltfm_data, so that OF version host and
data structure works can be saved, and pltfm version works for both
* Add OF common helper stuff into sdhci-pltfm.c, and make OF version
sdhci drivers sdhci-of-esdhc and sdhci-of-hlwd become self
registered as well, so that sdhci-of-core.c and sdhci-of.h can be
* Consolidate the OF and pltfm esdhc drivers into one with sharing
the same pair of .probe and .remove hooks. As a result,
sdhci-esdhc-imx.c and sdhci-of-esdhc.c go away, while
sdhci-esdhc.c comes in and works for both MPCxxx and i.MX.
* Eliminate include/linux/mmc/sdhci-pltfm.h with moving stuff into
And the benefits we gain from the changes are:
* Get the sdhci device driver follow the Linux trend that driver
makes the registration by its own.
* sdhci-pltfm.c becomes simple and clean as it only has common helper
stuff there now.
* All sdhci device specific things are going back its own driver.
* The dt and non-dt drivers are consolidated to use the same pair of
.probe and .remove hooks.
* SDHCI driver for Freescale eSDHC controller found on both MPCxxx
and i.MX platforms is consolidated to use the same one .probe
The patch set works against the tree below, and was only tested on
i.mx51 babbage board, all other targets were build tested.
Comments are welcomed and appreciated.
PS: The first patch is a squashing of the patch set below, which was
posted for review a few days back.
[PATCH 0/5] make sdhci device drivers self registered
Some patches in this series are relatively large, involving more
changes than expected, I chose to not split considering they are
logically integral, and doing so can reduce the patch quantity much,
and make bisect much easier. But sorry for that it makes reviewers'
Shawn Guo (5):
mmc: sdhci: make sdhci-pltfm device drivers self registered
mmc: sdhci: eliminate sdhci_of_host and sdhci_of_data
mmc: sdhci: make sdhci-of device drivers self registered
mmc: sdhci: consolidate sdhci-of-esdhc and sdhci-esdhc-imx
mmc: sdhci: merge two sdhci-pltfm.h into one
drivers/mmc/host/Kconfig | 71 ++++---
drivers/mmc/host/Makefile | 17 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-cns3xxx.c | 68 ++++++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-dove.c | 69 ++++++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-esdhc-imx.c | 149 -------------
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-esdhc.c | 412 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-core.c | 247 ---------------------
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-esdhc.c | 89 --------
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-hlwd.c | 89 +++++++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of.h | 42 ----
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pltfm.c | 251 +++++++++-------------
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-pltfm.h | 36 +++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-tegra.c | 187 ++++++++++-------
include/linux/mmc/sdhci-pltfm.h | 35 ---
14 files changed, 912 insertions(+), 850 deletions(-)
More information about the linaro-dev