Oneiric image directory on

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at
Fri Oct 7 14:41:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 01:37:29PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 7 October 2011 13:16, Fathi Boudra <fathi.boudra at> wrote:
> >>
> >> Eh? snapshots has more than just the ubuntu desktop images -- it
> >> has nano, alip, hwpacks and all the rest. I think calling it
> >> "ubuntu-build" would be rather confusing...
> >
> > These images are all Ubuntu based images.
> Yes, technically they're all based on Ubuntu, but I don't think
> that most people who use the nano image (say) think of it as
> primarily an "ubuntu image". Maybe I'm wrong...

I think Peter is probably right, but somehow we need to resolve the
issue that snapshots /only/ contains Ubuntu-based stuff at the moment
(or, put differently, nothing Android-related).

More fundamentally, is there really a reason why we shouldn't have /all/
images downloadable from I find it a bit unobvious
that you'd go to android-build to download Android images. Is it only

(PS: I really dislike URLs with hyphens in them! Remember Yuck)
Christian Robottom Reis, Engineering VP
Brazil (GMT-3) | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | [+1] 612 216 4935 Open Source Software for ARM SoCs