libjpeg8c vs libjpeg-turbo with libjpeg8 compat on

Tom Gall tom.gall at
Thu Oct 27 19:51:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Christian Robottom Reis
<kiko at> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 03:54:52PM -0500, Tom Gall wrote:
>> Hardware used includes the imx53 QuickStart board by freescale and an
>> intel core 2 duo in my Lenovo T400.
>> The results can be found here including both the raw numbers and pretty graphs.
> Again, wow, thanks for such a thorough analysis. I think this is indeed
> very good material for discusing with Ubuntu. Do we have a session
> scheduled with them to talk about this?

The blueprint is :

The session is set for Wednesday at 10am. EST

> I have a question: any idea why the gap between 8c and turbo8 is so much
> more impressive on x86(_64) than on ARM? Could there be low-hanging
> fruit left in the NEON codepaths?
> --
> Christian Robottom Reis, Engineering VP
> Brazil (GMT-3) | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | [+1] 612 216 4935
> Open Source Software for ARM SoCs

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att
w) tom_gall att
h) tom_gall att