debuild & no secret keys

Tom Gall tom.gall at
Fri Sep 30 21:20:12 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm setting up a new machine and I'm guessing I must have missed a
step or a file.

When I debuild -S -sa it's complaining about my secret key not being found.

gpg: skipped "Tom Gall <tom.gall at>": secret key not available
gpg: /tmp/debsign.Or3BKbui/live-build_3.0~a21-1linaro9~natty1.dsc:
clearsign failed: secret key not available
debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....

Yet if I gpg -k on both a "good" machine and this new box I see the
exact same set of keys listed.

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att
w) tom_gall att
h) tom_gall att