TI LT Android for Panda board and perf

Bernhard Rosenkränzer bernhard.rosenkranzer at linaro.org
Wed Aug 15 11:08:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 15 August 2012 10:23, Dmitry Antipov <dmitry.antipov at linaro.org> wrote:
> I'm running
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/panda-jb-gcc47-tilt-tracking-blob,
> build 23 (Aug15). It's kernel version is 3.4.0-xxx, but 'perf --version'
> reports 3.0.8_android.
> Why such a version mismatch?

The upstream Android guys decided to take the easy way and fork an old
version of perf instead of getting Android support into the version
included in the kernel, so in normal JB userland, you'll always have
perf 3.0.8 even if you're running kernel 5.0.

I've fixed it up, we have a version of current perf that works w/
Android - but it's not yet in the builds. (I've fixed it the "proper"
way by patching the kernel tree and submitting the patch - but
currently Android's external perf is the one that gets installed)

ttyl
bero