Do ARM Cortex-A9 PMU supoort oprofile

zachary6626 zachary6626 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:45:29 UTC 2012

Dear Dave and Turgis,

	Thanks for your replying.
	I have run oprofile on OMAP4460, but there are many problems.

	My test env is:
	oprofile version: 0.9.7
	Android ver: ICS
	kernel ver: 3.0
	CPU: 	OMAP4460

	Oprofile ran abnormally after I patched the kernel with a patch from http://omappedia.org/wiki/Android_Debugging#OProfile_on_OMAP4; .
	Step1:
	 # opcontrol --setup

	Step2:
	# opcontrol --vmlinux=/vmlinux --kernel-range 0xc0046000,0xc009a000 --event CPU_CYCLES:25000000
	I analysed the log after send the command "dmesg", found that the PMU interrupt enable control bit has been modified,
	the oprofile can not work in PMU mode.

	But when I patch the kernel with a patch from http://ssvb.github.com/2011/08/23/yet-another-oprofile-tutorial.html.
	The oprofile can work in hrtimer mode.

	Could you share some suggestions?