Single zImage and KVM

Jon Medhurst (Tixy) tixy at linaro.org
Wed Mar 7 06:42:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 08:23 +1300, Michael Hope wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Rob Herring <robherring2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > DT support for vexp A9 is going into 3.4 I believe. Pawel has been
> > working on it and can probably give details on A15 support. A single
> > kernel for these 2 platforms (and A7 as well) is much simpler than
> > getting to a single zImage in general (i.e. omap plus i.mx). But we'll
> > be a lot closer in 3.4.
>
> Linus 3.4 or the Landing Team 3.4?  From other emails it seems that
> the work may be more on the packaging side.

They should go in Linus 3.4 (though I can't find them in the arm-soc
branch). The author's git repo is at:
http://linux-arm.org/git?p=arm-dts.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/master;hb=master

The ARM Landing Team also have versions of these patches in their trees.

> Where are the Device Trees hosted?

Device trees for real hardware A5, A9 and A15 are in the same patches
which submit device tree support. The above repo additionall has a
device tree for RTSM.

--
Tixy