Announce: live-build a45

Tom Gall tom.gall at
Thu Mar 15 14:59:30 UTC 2012

Hi Jani,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Jani Monoses <jani at> wrote:
> On 03/14/2012 09:15 PM, Tom Gall wrote:
>> Located in ppa:linaro-maintainers/tools can be found the newest
>> version of live-build,  a45 with the following linaro features
>> applied:
>> 1) armhf support (both native and cross)
>> 2) linaro meta bld information  as was discussed at 4Q11 Linaro Connect
>> 3) cross support using multistrap
> Hi Tom,
> what are the chances of these changes getting into the live-build carried in
> Ubuntu 12.04?

I've approached the debian live-build community a couple of times. I
think the armhf support is a no brainer and yes I'll push the couple
of necessary changes for that upstream into debian.

meta bld information unfortunately is really just for linaro so I
don't see much interest in that but you never know.

The addition of multistrap support has also been discussed upstream.
It seemed that between debootstrap, cdebootstrap, mutlistrap and/or
plan D, the live-build community had an interest in creating plan D. I
haven't seen anything sprout up yet. It's been a good 6 months so who
knows perhaps the winds have changed.

In the case of multistrap, it does support multiple archives for
bootstrapping a system, which is a desirable trait given our use of
the overlay ppa.