Plan for changing the binary toolchain to 4.7 and hardfloat

Michael Hope michael.hope at linaro.org
Sun Mar 18 19:23:39 UTC 2012

On 17 March 2012 08:10, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at linaro.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012, Michael Hope wrote:
>>  https://wiki.linaro.org/MichaelHope/Sandbox/BinariesMigration
>
>  Is there a separate plan for gcc-4.5 deprecation in source releases?

Yip, I'll send an email on that today.

>  The triplet situation is sad; is there any hope that we fix this
>  upstream?

It's not for Linaro to change but for Debina/Ubuntu.  The upstream
canonical triplet is arm-linux-gnueabi for any configuration including
soft or hard float.  We talked about this at a cross distro session
and Steve McIntyre was going to push some of the first steps.

-- Michael