jenkins really broken right now

Paul Sokolovsky paul.sokolovsky at linaro.org
Wed Mar 28 10:05:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:06:53 -0600
John Rigby <john.rigby at linaro.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at linaro.org>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 27, 2012, John Rigby wrote:
> >> Looks like initial git clones always fail.  I tried a simple job
> >> that just trys to run git and it fails.
> >
> >  Alexander noticed too; new ci.linaro.org setup was launching jobs
> > which were actually pointing at old ci.linaro.org setup as web
> > proxy.  When the old instance was shut down, it exposed the
> > problem.  Problem is that new instance doesn't have squid
> > installed/configured.  We need to restore the config and any other
> > missing bits.
> >

> My jobs seem to be working again, I guess without the proxy for now
> but working none the less.  Thanks to all for fixing this.

Oh my, that's why I wanted Deepti to have another look before stopping
the old instance. But as she went on a leave, I had a look myself,
noted the squid difference and explicitly wrote it off as not in use.
But well, new instance couldn't automatically use squid on the old -
old had his IP/domain name changed, so stale config wouldn't explain
it. I also thought that Loic might have restarted the old instance, bit
it wasn't, so doesn't explain why builds went thru. So, maybe it's not
squid after all. We'll be looking into the issue immediately.

--
Best Regards,
Paul