Config fragment for Versatile Express

Jon Medhurst (Tixy) tixy at linaro.org
Fri Mar 30 17:07:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 09:33 -0700, John Stultz wrote:
> On 03/30/2012 01:19 AM, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) wrote:
> > To do that the vexpress config fragment will need to be a topic branch
> > on the ARM Landing Teams git, and every topic which changes a config
> > needs to be stacked on top of that. Is that what is expected?
> I'm not sure I'm following you here.  I'm hoping to have the base
> configs added to the lianro-android tree, then as each topic gets
> merged, the topics which require an option, enable them in the fragments
> as well.

I'm not sure I follow you either :-)

Our topic branches are based on mainline Linux. If those topics require
config changes, do you suggest they add a separate config fragment? Or
patch an existing one? If the latter, where does this fragment come
from? It will have to exist into our tree and our topics based on top of
it. I was saying that in the case of the vexpress fragment, this would
live in our tree as it's own topic branch and be pulled into
linux-linaro. Which seems to make sense, as our tree exists to provide
enablement for vexpress.

--
Tixy