Config fragment for Versatile Express

John Stultz john.stultz at linaro.org
Fri Mar 30 17:15:43 UTC 2012

On 03/30/2012 10:07 AM, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 09:33 -0700, John Stultz wrote:
>> On 03/30/2012 01:19 AM, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) wrote:
>>> To do that the vexpress config fragment will need to be a topic branch
>>> on the ARM Landing Teams git, and every topic which changes a config
>>> needs to be stacked on top of that. Is that what is expected?
>> I'm not sure I'm following you here.  I'm hoping to have the base
>> configs added to the lianro-android tree, then as each topic gets
>> merged, the topics which require an option, enable them in the fragments
>> as well.
> I'm not sure I follow you either :-)
>
> Our topic branches are based on mainline Linux. If those topics require
> config changes, do you suggest they add a separate config fragment? Or
> patch an existing one? If the latter, where does this fragment come
> from? It will have to exist into our tree and our topics based on top of
> it. I was saying that in the case of the vexpress fragment, this would
> live in our tree as it's own topic branch and be pulled into
> linux-linaro. Which seems to make sense, as our tree exists to provide
> enablement for vexpress.

Right right right. I forgot with the new topic branch method, everything
based on mainline and not a tree Andrey maintains, so you don't have a
reference to the config tree.

In that case, just go ahead and push the full config to the config tree.
If we need to do have fullly-enabled vs upstream builds we can deal with
the warnings in the latter case (or maybe further split the board
configs into -upstream and -lt ?).

The only hard part is that I have to somewhat blindly trust the configs
being sent to me, as the tree I'm building/testing with doesn't
necessarily have all of the features requested.  But I'll try to get the
build folks to keep me in the loop on what warnings they see.

thanks
-john