Linaro at UDS sessions

Matt Waddel matt.waddel at
Tue Apr 26 15:47:17 UTC 2011

On 04/26/2011 08:45 AM, Mounir Bsaibes wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:32 AM, jorge.castro at <
> jorge.castro at> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Mounir Bsaibes
>> <mounir.bsaibes at> wrote:
>>> Zach,
>>> I thought the prefix is used to point to which track the session is
>> under.
>>> Is there a track for linaro-android-kernel?
>>> In general this should be ok, but let see if that does not mess up any
>> tool.
>>> Copying Jorge to see what he says.
>> It depends, we have both a kernel track and an android track. Is the
>> session a linaro-kernel session that happens to be about android or a
>> session in linaro-android that happens to be about the kernel? (Either
>> way would work, I would name it based on which track would take
>> ownership of the work.)
> can we use linaro-andorid-kernel as Zach suggesting? or we have to use
> either linaro-kernel or linaro-android?

Hi Mounir,

I could be mistaken and somebody correct me if I'm misinformed.
I think the answer is no, the track shouldn't be named

I'm getting my information from:

Which says they have to follow this convention:

That means MOST specs for UDS-O should start with

If you have something that you can't classify in the above name-space,
feel free to toss it in "linaro-other-o", though this should be rare. If
you're naming convention is a mess and you haven't talked to Jorge or
Joey, we will brutally rename things to make them fit in their neat
little place, so if you have questions on naming just ping them.

I understood that the above naming convention was important for
the schedule display system.