Linaro GCC 4.5 2010-11 released
michael.hope at linaro.org
Tue Nov 9 07:02:24 UTC 2010
The Linaro Toolchain Working Group is pleased to announce the latest
release of Linaro GCC 4.5.
Linaro GCC 4.5 is the fourth release in the 4.5 series. Based off the
latest GCC 4.5.1+svn164911, it includes many ARM-focused performance
improvements and bug fixes.
Interesting changes include:
* Various NEON related fixes
* Performance improvements
* A clean up of some of the testsuite test cases
* An updated version of the __sync multicore primitives
* Improvements in data packing when optimising for size
* C locale support in libstdc++-v3
This release adds the new option -fstrict-volatile-bitfields and
enables it by default on ARM. See doc/invoke.texi for more
The source tarball is available from:
Downloads are available from the Linaro GCC page on Launchpad:
Note that there were no changes to the 4.4 series.
More information about the linaro-toolchain