native gdb for Android

Barry Song 21cnbao at
Fri Feb 3 09:35:51 UTC 2012

2012/2/3 Thiago Jung Bauermann <thiago.bauermann at>:
> Hi Barry,
> On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 10:23 +0800, Barry Song wrote:
>> 2.    Why can’t the current gdb capture multithreads for android
>> processes? This question is actually about the theory for gdb to know
>> multi-threads. In my opinion, both gnu and android use clone() to fork
>> threads and threads in one process have same tgid in kernel and all
>> threads return same getpid() value. Why not gdb just travel process
>> lists to find multi-threads?
> Would you mind opening a bug report at
> with this issue? If possible, with a small testcase to reproduce the
> problem, and the steps to build the testcase.
> To be honest I can only look into this issue late next week though...

Thiago, yes. i will.
PS: now there is a platform/external/gdb.git tree in i would suggest linaro make the
gdb compilable with an by arm-eabi-gcc just like other
external components something like:
LOCAL_PATH := $(call my-dir)
include $(CLEAR_VARS)

       ... \

finally, i hope that will result in a native gdb running on boards and
supporting multithreads. that is actually very useful to many users.