On behalf of the Linaro Infrastructure team I'm pleased to announce the
release of Linaro Image Tools 0.4.2.
Linaro Image Tools offer a set of tools for use with Linaro images.
Highlights of this release:
* Support for Gumstix Overo boards has been added.
* Support for Freescale mx51evk (Babbage) boards has been fixed.
* Support for ARM Versatile Express boards has been fixed.
* The fdisk command is not required anymore.
* The UUID of the rootfs is not pre-computed anymore; this allows btrfs to
be used for the root filesystem.
* Linaro Image Tools are now released as a standalone tarball; you need
https://launchpad.net/python-distutils-extra to run setup.py.
* Support for 10.11 / linaro-m images has been restored.
* The hardware pack handling code is now GPLv2+
Linaro Image Tools 0.4.2 is in Ubuntu natty and the source tarball is
Backports to Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 10.10 will be provided shortly.
The Linaro Toolchain Working Group is pleased to announce the release
of both Linaro GCC 4.4 and Linaro GCC 4.5.
The Linaro Toolchain Working Group is pleased to announce the release of
both Linaro GCC 4.4 and Linaro GCC 4.5.
Linaro GCC 4.4 is the sixth release in the 4.4 series. Based off the
latest GCC 4.4.5, it is a maintenance release that fixes one problem
found through use.
Linaro GCC 4.5 is the sixth release in the 4.5 series. Based off the
official GCC 4.5.2 release, it includes many ARM-focused performance
improvements and bug fixes.
Interesting changes include:
* Improved optimization of multiple load instructions, and
* -fshrink-wrap optimization for better use of function prologues and
* plus, various other bug fixes, and minor improvements.
The source tarballs are available from:
Downloads are available from the Linaro GCC page on Launchpad: