"Tell everyone what you want to do and someone will want to help you do it."
~ W. Clement Stone
The Linaro 15.07 release is now available for download!
For this cycle we've moved to a new layout for the releases.linaro.org
server to make it easier to navigate between different versions of
components. Instead of having a top level version like
'15.07/openembedded/aarch64' we now have a bottom level version like
The toplevel 'latest' symlink has also changed to bottom level, so
'openembedded/aarch64/latest' will always point to the latest version.
This fixes the inaccurate 'latest' link for components that aren't on
a monthly cycle.
See the detailed highlights of this release to get an overview of what
has been accomplished by the Working Groups, Landing Teams and Automation & CI
* Linux Linaro 4.2-rc3-2015.07 is released:
* based on v4.2-rc3
* linaro-android topic updated to 4.2-rc3 and recent AOSP/android-3.18
* included GATOR version 5.21.1
* llct-misc-fixes topic: "HACK: of: Limit FDT size for CRC check on
arm64" has been dropped. FVP model was the last target to require this
hack, but the new FVP firmware doesn't need it anymore
* updated integration-linaro-vexpress64 topic by ARM LT: Versatile
Express TC2 support is back, HDLCD display now works on TC2, the topic
will be renamed to integration-linaro-vexpress next cycle
* updated integration-linux-qcomlt topic by Qualcomm LT: QCOM Core
Power Reduction (CPR) support has been added
* linaro-builddeb-tweaks topic is dropped (most of our changes have
* Linaro builds of AOSP 15.07 is released:
* Android baseline updated to 5.1.1_r8
* ART CI setup for TIP and stable builds
* Boot to gui tests added for tip and stable builds
* ART code coverage for tip and stable builds
* m-preview based builds setup for emulators
* ART-host-gtests added for tip and stable builds
* Hikey builds updated to 5.1.1_r8. Android boots with UEFI and
GRUB on HiKey. Wifi drivers are integrated in the build system.
Drivers are built as part of Android build process.
* Linaro OpenEmbedded 2015.07 is released:
* integrated Linaro GCC 4.9-2015.06
* updated linux-linaro to 4.2-rc3
* disabled aarch64 bootwrapper
* integrated various improvements for LNG CI
* fixed bootimg.bbclass to work with all kernel image types
* fixed cmake builds for native recipes
* Linaro Ubuntu 15.07 is released:
* updated packages: fvp-pre-boot (FVP firmware), LSK
3.10.83/3.14.45/3.18.17 and linux-linaro 4.2-rc3 kernels
* 96boards contributions:
* DragonBoard 410c is now using NetworkManager only to manage the
network (previously a combination with systemd-networkd/resolved has
* HiKey made some progress toward the switch to UEFI. GRUB is now
integrated into the snapshots builds for both AOSP and Debian.
* Initial Debian based build for Marvell PXA1928 Helium is setup
The release details are linked from the “Details” column for each
released artifact on the release information:
Using the Android-based images
The Android-based images come in three parts: system, userdata and boot.
These need to be combined to form a complete Android install. For an
explanation of how to do this please see:
If you are interested in getting the source and building these images
yourself please see the following pages:
Using the OpenEmbedded-based images
With the Linaro provided downloads and with ARM’s Fast Models virtual
platform, you can boot a virtual ARMv8 system and run 64-bit binaries.
For more information please see:
Using the Ubuntu-based images
The Ubuntu-based images consist of two parts. The first part is a
hardware pack, which can be found under the hwpacks directory and
contains hardware specific packages (such as the kernel and bootloader).
The second part is the rootfs, which is combined with the hardware pack
to create a complete image. For more information on how to create an
image please see:
More information on Linaro can be found on our websites:
Also subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC
channels to stay on top of Linaro developments:
#linaro on irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net
#linaro-android irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net
Known issues with this release
For any errata issues, please see:
Bug reports for this release should be filed in Bugzilla
(http://bugs.linaro.org) against the
individual packages or projects that are affected.
On behalf of the release team,
Builds and Baselines | Release Manager
Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs