The Linaro Kernel Working Group (KWG) is excited to announce the availability our May 2011 development snapshot: linux-linaro-11.05-2.6.38
This is the first of a new monthly series of development snapshots from the KWG that will provide a way for developers to work with the Linaro kernels without needing to follow the git tree on a daily basis. As the word "snapshot" implies, these are meant as development kernels and have not been fully validated. You should expect issues and to help us deliver a better kernel in the future, you should file bugs in Launchpad at https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux-linaro.
The source tarball is available at: https://launchpad.net/linux-linaro/11.05/11.05-final/+download/linux-linaro-...
The kernel sources can also be accessed using git at: git://git.linaro.org/kernel/linux-linaro-2.6.38.git tag: linaro-11.05-2.6.38
A pre-packaged kernel for OMAP boards is available at: https://launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers/+archive/kernel/+files/linux-image...
This snapshot is based on the 22.214.171.124 stable kernel with a number of changes developed by Linaro and integrated from upstream trees including the 2.6.39, OMAP, and Power Management trees to name a few. The changes from 126.96.36.199 include:
* Initial Device Tree support for MX51, MX53, Overo, SMDKV310, Beagle, IGEPv2/v3, Panda, Tegra, and Versatile boards. This support allows memory size and board type to be passed via the Device Tree.
* The ARM kprobes code has been updated to correctly handle a number of instructions that did not previously work and to work on kernels w/o frame pointers.
* The coredump code has been updated so you can now analyze VFP register state using GDB. Using this feature requires the upstream GDB trunk tree or the Linaro snapshot available from https://launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/+download
* CPUIDLE support for Samsung Orion has been added, allowing for longer battery life on platforms based on this chipset.
* Experimental support for LTTng on ARM, allowing developers to perform deep analysis of system state transitions. See http://lttng.org/ for more information on using LTTng.
A full changelog against 188.8.131.52 is available at: https://launchpad.net/linux-linaro/11.05/11.05-final/+download/CHANGELOG-lin...
High Priority Known Issues:
* The combination of a device-tree enabled kernel and and Linaro's 2011-03 u-boot will make WiFi and HDMI unuseable on the IGEP board. (LP #768680)
* imx51 randomly truncates serial input at 31 characters (LP #754254)
* OMAP Beagle C4: kernel does not reliably find SD card on boot (LP #712175)
* wl12** driver causes networking to hang on ubuntu-desktop image (LP #785739)
* Only half of RAM useable when using Device Tree on Panda board (LP #707047)
Mailing list: http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/linaro-dev