On 02/10/2026 18:14, Leo Yan wrote:
On Fri, Oct 02, 2026 at 12:15:13PM +0100, James Clark wrote:
[...]
static struct cs_etm_queue *cs_etm__get_queue(struct cs_etm_auxtrace *etm, int cpu) @@ -314,12 +317,11 @@ static int cs_etm__map_trace_id_v0(struct cs_etm_auxtrace *etm, u8 trace_chan_id return -EINVAL; /*
* If the queue is unformatted then only save one mapping in the* queue associated with that CPU so only one decoder is made.
* Ignore HW_IDs for unformatted, a decoder will be made */ if (etmq->format == UNFORMATTED)* unconditionally later.
return cs_etm__insert_trace_id_node(etmq, trace_chan_id,cpu_metadata);
return 0;Nitpick: It seems to me that we can move the etmq->format == UNFORMATTED check into cs_etm__process_aux_output_hw_id().
This avoids duplicating the check in both cs_etm__map_trace_id_v0() and cs_etm__process_trace_id_v0_1(), and makes it more apparent that the unformatted case does not use HW_ID at all.
It's up to you whether to keep it as is or update it. Either way:
I might leave it for now. It's also called by cs_etm__map_trace_ids_metadata() which doesn't have a reference to the queue, and neither does cs_etm__process_aux_output_hw_id(). Probably not worth another refactor at this point.
Reviewed-by: Leo Yan leo.yan@arm.com
P.S. Although I contributed the initial idea, the change is now quite different from the original patch I shared. Please feel free to drop my name if you prefer.
Will do if I send another one, but it looks like it can be applied now so it might have to stay.