On Thu, Oct 01, 2026 at 07:04:44AM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
[...]
The question is that a static funnel does not need to program any registers, so in theory it should only need atclk as the module's core clock, but not the APB programming clock (apb_pclk).
Maybe I did not get this right when I initially enabled the static funnel in hi3660-coresight.dtsi. We should probably remove pclk from the static funnel node.
Yes. I suppose in theory it has some clock, but if pclk needed to be enabled, it is shared with all the other coresight components and enabled anyways. And there's no atclk defined, so 'clocks' can just be removed. Can you send a patch to do that, and I'll drop this one.
Sure, I will prepare a patch for hi3660-coresight.dtsi.
zynq7000 is even more of a mess I just noticed...
Agreed. It should bind to "arm,coresight-dynamic-funnel" instead.
However, I'm afraid the "dbg_trc" and "dbg_apb" clocks are never touched by either the CoreSight driver or the AMBA driver after switching to the dynamic funnel. These clocks should therefore be removed from all CoreSight nodes.
Thanks, Leo